Your Rights in Relation to Privacy
TCK Accountants takes matters of privacy, and the protection of an individual’s personal information, very seriously and adopts the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act).
Kinds of Personal Information
During the qualified interactions with you, provision of services or through your use of our website, TCK Accountants may collect your personal information. Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not it is recorded in a material form.
The kinds of personal information TCK Accountants collects may include, but is not limited to:
- contact details such as your full name, business or personal addresses, email addresses, phone and fax numbers;
- details of your ABN and/or ACN;
- financial information including credit card and debit card details.
You must notify us as soon as reasonably practicable of any changes to the information provided to us by you or if you are aware of any inaccurate, out of date, misleading or false information, in the event that our services (including the provision of advice) relies on such information. TCK Accountants cannot and does not take responsibility for ensuring that your personal information contained in our records is accurate and up to date.
Given the nature of services that TCK Accountants provide, we may also collect other personal information from you in order to provide you with such services. This information will be handled and treated in accordance with our obligations under the relevant legislation and professional standards.
Collection of Personal Information
Generally, TCK Accountants will collect your personal information through:
- direct contact with you, whether in person or over the phone, email or post;
- this website, when you submit a request for consultation or advice;
- information services providers, social media sites or publicly available information.
When you use our website or services, the following information may be logged for statistical purposes and for the purposes of marketing and advertising to you:
- the date and time of your visit to our website;
- your IP address;
- pages that you accessed and documents downloaded;
- Your geographical location; and
- the type of browser you were using.
Cookies may be used on our website. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies and do not personally identify the user.
Purpose of Collection
TCK Accountants may require your personal information for the following reasons:
- to respond to your enquiries via our website;
- to provide you with our services;
- for accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- to invite you to events, functions or training events and provide you with updates and publications;
- to add you to our mailing list where you have subscribed to our newsletter.
This is not an exhaustive list.
TCK Accountants may also use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of products and/or services that may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you may, at any time, request not to receive direct marketing communications from us or use any opt-out mechanism provided and we will comply with that request.
Disclosure of Personal Information
TCK Accountants will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, as needed to perform the services or unless required by law.
Security of Your Personal Information
TCK Accountants takes steps reasonable to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Generally, TCK Accountants holds your personal information electronically, but may from time to time hold your information in paper form also.
TCK Accountants will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently remove your personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless required by law to retain the information.
How You May Access Your Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by TCK Accountants.
If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that TCK Accountants holds about you, please contact our privacy officer:
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- you will need to be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- TCK Accountants may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to us for providing access in accordance with your request.
There may be circumstances in which TCK Accountants may refuse your request to access or correct your personal information. In such circumstances, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.